With the Holidays approaching and the new decade right around the corner, it’s challenging not to get wrapped up in the stress this time of year can bring. Between the constant traffic, bad weather, and eager shoppers, one can feel as though they're struggling to find time to even think! However, the traffic means we have many places to be. The bad weather reminds us we have a warm bed waiting at home. The sold out gifts mean we have people to give them to. For many people, this is not the case.
This time of year leaves many feeling lonely, and your small acts of kindness can go further than you think. Here’s a list of 10 small acts of kindness you can do to make someone’s day that much better:
- Leave nonperishable snacks & drinks for delivery workers
- Bring in donuts, bagels, or coffee for your co workers
- Donate foods, drinks, and paper goods to a local food bank
- Pay for someone’s coffee at the drivethrough or behind you in line
- Bake cookies for your Fire Departmant, Police Department, and EMTs
- Donate pet supplies to the local animal shelter
- Help someone carry out their groceries
- Leave money taped on a vending machine
- Volunteer serving at the local soup kitchen
- Leave a generous tip to a server
This festive time of year, we can be focused on seeing family members we don’t always get to see, giving gifts to our loved ones, and spending time with the people we cherish most. Through small acts of kindness, you can help make someone else’s most stressful time of year, their most wonderful.